7/08/2010

2nd day blogging..;)


Went to the Gym yesterday.............





After work I was so hyped up to go to the gym since im on trial membership until 18th july...so better use it till the last drop!hehehe..sadly, my sis couldnt be joining me (last min makan cake kat secret recipe..birthday kawan katanya) so there i was, going alone to the gym...

At first, i doubted along the way to subang parade, (celebrity fitness). It was raining very heavily...the traffic was unbearable...I was stuck in front of my office for 15 mins and goin to go wait some 15 mins more for the traffic light in front of summit...it took around 30 mins to reach subang parade!!!!whereas if there is no jam, it usually takes about 10 mins...Then the radio keep announcing about the USHER concert that will be held later on that night..i love usher..but once again i couldnt get my sis to go back early to go to the concert..(international artist concert on a wednesday night??? go figure!) So, i was really on a down mood all the way to the gym...(dugaan..)

Then i arrive subang parade, i had to park at the basement coz it was raining very heavily..(kalu park kat carrefour, free..tp lencun la..payung xbawa) I remember the consultant at the gym said that if i validate the car park ticket i get rm 3 flat rate price..so ok la rm 3 for parking...xla mahal sgt...kalu x hujan bole la parking kat carrefour plak..free..hehehhe

Anyways..i went straight to the main enterance of the gym..lo and behold..there is a huge crowd!!the time was close to 7pm, i wanted to join one of the studio classes or yoga classes..so i checked in, got my free towel, and change into my sneakers and kept my bag in the locker given in the shower room. But i forgot to bring my own padlock..huhuhuh..so berserah jela...i kept my things there in the locker, but kept my valuable items in my pocket..(btw, i left my cardigan there..damn!dah 2 x kene kejadian tinggal jeket ni..huhuhu)

I went to the studio first, there was a huge crowd waiting outside the studio. The classes which was about to finish that time was ritma zoom class. It was full jammed pack with participants. They all looked enjoying the class. It was recommended by my consultant previously, but it starts at 6pm. No luck making there on time! So i scanned the timetable placed there. And it scheduled Body Pump at 7.10pm.. I dont what class is that, but as soon as the ritma zoom class ended, the following group of people hurriedly join the body pump class. And they are clearly old timers of that class since everyone knows what to do and went to the back of the class and pick out some props for the class.

Now, at this point i know if i join this class, i will be at loss! All of them are carrying some kind of weights, foam, etc..and some props i dont even know the name! And the instructor is a mat salleh, very cute! so i dont want to make a total fool of myself in this class, so i decided not to join and head off to the yoga studio...maybe tomorrow ill try!

While waiting for the yoga class to start, the yoga studio was used for muay thai class. Looks interesting as they box each other, but i know its quite hard for beginners like me..so i went on to check the timetable there, i saw the class schedule at 7.10pm is yoga therapy. They didnt put it as (A) category means advance or (I) intermediate , so i assumed it was one of the basic yoga class..

As soon as the muay thai class finish, the new group enters for the yoga class. At that time, i think to myself, okay, lets try this. What hurt could it be? I mean yoga is not that hard right? it doesnt require some fancy props to use. moreover, the class is not crowded. So i was compelled to join it. First time YOGA, Here we go!!!!

So , i copied excatly what other classmates where doing. They took off their slippers but i had to take off my sneakers! What a trouble some!Then they put it on the shoe shelf. Then, they take some kind of rubber mat on top of the shelf and went off to choose a spot to unfold their mat and sits calmly on it in some position. I took one of the mat and scanned the area and choose a very far spot to unfold the mat. (malu la..coz kelas first!heheh) I thought i was going to do some basic moves, but oh boy!was i wrong!

At that time, there was only around 10 people in the class. So i figured this is not so popular class. Therefore, i could concentrate more since the instructor would only have 10 person to concentrate. But as we waited for the instructor, slowly, the class has fill itself and by the end of the class there was around more than 30 people participated! Quite a crowd i must say!

Firstly, the yoga instructor asked as to be in child position. (of course, what is a child position right?) This is what its looked like...(btw ,that is not me if ure wondering. haha)






The instructor is a guy, Nic (i think, based on the name on the timetable) ask us to stay in that position for about 5 mins!!!at first it was hard. My feet wasnt in the correct position. He came to nicely and ask me, "are u new to yoga?", me, unsurely said ; "yes,im new. I thought this is a basic class?" Now, by this time, i was for sure scared that he will ask me to leave as i know nothing of yoga... But, he calmly said "its basic class, but i'm going to try something new today. But nevermind, you just listen and try to follow as much as u can by looking at how others do. Do u have any medical condition?" "No." "Okay then." It was a simple conversation but i wasnt kicked out from the class..yaay....

Then, when u think it couldnt get any harder, he ask us to do a lot of other tough position that i couldnt afford to do...

Here's some illustration for you to understand what im talking about....








And some other basic breathing steps....






The half cobra position. :)



Looks easy huh? Try this at home.



And for the toughest part, i had to do this position





I thought i couldnt do it...I looked to my left and right and everyone was doing it. Even the most plum (quite big) guy was doing it. So i sucked up my breath and said, lets do this..At first it was hard getting kicking both you're legs up high, but once you found your balance, u know where to support your upper back to maintain the legs up high.i surprised myself!!!i could do it...and slowly my legs can bend like that but i must confess it didnt go all the way down..hahaha..it was more of a L shape and I shape...


And at the final class, he asked us to relax our mind, and control our breath in this position...



Overall, it was the most amazing experience in my life!!!! Mainly because previously, i only hear about yoga, but while experience it last night it really is some damn interesting experience. Fascinating!!!!

Some facts i discover;

1. I never thought my body could be that flexible. And to be able to do it in the 1st class really shows that yoga is for everyone. My legs are not that flexi and i am not a school athelete, but somehow i surprise myself for being able to do that L shape position..

2. While i was doing most of the yoga position, suddenly i felt more calmer, relaxed, and i can actually feel that blood circulation were running through my brains. More oxigen is being supplied there...

3. I'm actually sweating from the workout. And the atmosphere that time wasn't hot, since it is air conditioned. I think i burnt a lot of calories doing yoga. (i think!)

4. Contrary to my beliefs that we should only focus on our tummy exercise, hand muscle is also important. Not that im saying we have to have big muscular arms like madonna..but its important that we have strong arms to lift our bodies. We always use our legs to the max but not our arms.

5. And while stretching, i feel all the muscle being used. My back is being stretch is a way is has never been before..horay...

Im thinking of going to the yoga class today again..and i think im hooked onto yoga..But hope this new interest could last and i could be discipline enough to make it an after work routine.(jgn hangat tahik ayam je kan???)

But of course, yoga is a controversy activity. And when there is a fatwa says it is HARAM, i was shocked! Because, during the class wholetime yesterday, there was no element of syirik on play. I wasnt chanting any mantra. The instructor was chinese (so he couldnt be a hindu right??). More over he only stress out to breath and relax. There was no element of when u do this position u are bowing to the sun...or hindu is the way of life....etc...He wasnt preaching and my faith remains to ALLAH swt. I also didnt miss my prayers because straight after class i went to pray at the surau. So i was a bit shocked today when i read the Fatwa. But im no scholar so im not going to comment on that. They have their reasons and as for me i know my niat , whats in my heart while performing this activity...


enuff said..im going to the gym today.hopefully..though i think i developing some arm muscle cramps already.. :( huhuhuhuh...

xoxox..sarah in the gym y'all....