8/21/2016

Movies.. Movies..Movies

wow.. its been 5 years since my last post. To date, many things had happened and i like to start blog again even if FB is way cooler..

I was going through some of my watchlist from IMDB (looks much like 1MDB) and it appears that i have 966 movie list that i have watched (and counting)! Thats alot of hours of watching these movies!
If we take 2 hours of average per movie, we get 966 x 2 = 1932 hours. Thats about 80.5 days of watching movies non-stop! I must really love movies alot.

(My watchlist to date : 21.08.2016)



Any ways, I'm going to start to blog about movies so that watching them will not be a waste of time.

So I'm going to start reviewing movies from the recent viewing which would be easier to remember and will update them more if I have the time.

Movie #1

Demolition (2015)

A successful investment banker struggles after losing his wife in a tragic car crash. With the help of a customer service rep and her young son, he starts to rebuild, beginning with the demolition of the life he once knew.

Director:

 

Writer:

  (screenplay)

Summary of the movie
1st off I love Jake Gyllenhaal ( i need to put a list by the side of my blog of actors that i Love). I've watched most of his movies and he is a great actor in portraying someone in a Drama movie. I give this movie a go because when i watched the trailer, it showed a man with emptiness inside because of he's wife death due to a car accident. They were both inside the car, but the wife has drove the car and killed at the hospital. Whereas the husband didn't die and didn't feel any emotion while coping of the death of his wife. 
Then he met this lady, Naomi Watts character and she was very intrigue with Jake's letters (yeah, he wrote some letters to the company vending machine to vent his frustration of his M&M peanuts stuck inside machine at the hospital where his wife is pronounce dead 10 minutes earlier). Naomi watts was the customer service who worked at the vending machine and responded by calling Jake one morning. Soon they become friends but Jake is still empty inside and can't show any emotion with his father in law. Then he became a construction worker (hence the demolition man) to tore off a housing project so that he can feel something.

My Verdict:

I kinda enjoyed the movie since Jake performed so well as a man with no emotion but enjoys wracking stuff to see how are the insides look liked. Naomi watts was good but i think they underused her. Some plots are pointless like Naomi's boyfriend, Carl or the son with Gay issues (i think they want to cramp in the progressive ideology. Nothing wrong but just was not worth a plot to cramp in here). I would want to know more of his relationship with the wife to feel sad for her death.


What I got from this movie 
I get that sometime we put on a "poker face" to society so that we can adapt to living much better. We put on this face so much that we sometime forgot how to turn it off. The poker face becomes a permanent face and we detach and suppress all emotion we have inside. 
I think we all have this mask "poker face" to blend into society. 

Score
6.5 / 10


No comments: